Friday, November 16, 2007

Safe Haven Baby

A baby boy was left yesterday at Lake Wales Fire Station. He was born October 22. If our FBI fingerprints were in, we could have possibly been his parents. I know God's timing is perfect, but when I read the article in the paper, it just made me feel so......I don't even know.... Out of control, helpless, disappointed. I have a room ready. Crib. check, car seat, check, stroller ,check. Three children praying every night for a baby brother ....check check check.

I had myself believing I might actually have a baby boy by Christmas. Could it still happen?? Yes, the fingerprints could come today and we could be approved and have a baby ASAP. I think it is the absolute out of control element of the situation that is driving me insane. I also think that is one part of this whole ride that God is using to teach me to rely on His ever so perfect timing and direction.
I will be so glad when I can look back and say," Yes He taught me a lot during that time." Hindsight may be 20/20, but it is also a lot less painful than the actual learning and teaching process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you girl,
I am praying for you too!

Rach :)

My Blessings From Above said...

Jackie,
Waiting for your child is so difficult. I understand where you are coming from. The adoption journey is such a roller coaster of emotions. So much is out of our control. God is in control and his timing is perfect.
This helped me when we were waiting for our boys. I hope it ministers to you. ((((HUGS)))))

Your Heavenly Father says... "Wait," I see beyond the stretch of yesterday, the reality of today and the corner of tomorrow.

"Wait," you will find joy and wisdom in this arduos journey "Wait," trust in My faithfulness and love, even when things don't make sense

"Wait," the process is sometimes the only available venue for a miracle

"Wait," I have a supreme surprise for you and want you to remain for the perfect moment

"Wait," and know that along each path of life, I will walk with you "Wait," I know and hold your child

author unknown