Friday, November 30, 2007

Homeschooling in November

We did something a little different in November for school. We took 2 weeks and only studied the Pilgrims and did math. It was a lot of fun and I think we all learned more about the pilgrims than we will ever need to know! =) Did you know Pilgrim children had to stand up to eat their dinner and had to serve their parents before they could eat? Abby also wrote an interesting story about the first love story in America among the pilgrims. We also studied Squanto, Miles Standish, William Bradford, Priscilla Mullins and scads of other pilgrims!
I am looking forward to getting back to our normal schedule of folder work and History and Science and for Bible we are doing a Jesse Tree. It is where you study Advent and make a tree using symbols beginning in Genesis and for 25 days an ornament is placed on the tree leading up to the birth of Jesus. I have a ton of books waiting for me at the library on Christmas and we are also doing some pretty cool art projects for the season. we are also going to do a lap book on the signs of Christmas and how they relate to Christ. In science, we are going to be doing a chemistry experiment involving cooking, so I'll post pictures....they should be good and I figure I can get some Christmas baking in at the same time as school!
We will break for Christmas on Dec. 17 and leave for Virginia the next day. I am looking forward to seeing my family and we are praying for snow!

0 comments: