Friday, November 23, 2007

Grace under fire

I have a friend who is going through a particular trying time right now and as she faces this fire she is teaching me how God bestows His mighty hand of grace upon us. As I ranted and raved at her situation, she ministered to me by graciously showing forgiveness, determination, dignity and strength. His mercies are new every morning and His grace is sufficient because He gives us each just enough to handle what we will face on that day. Not too much as we are likely to get too big for our britches nor too little that we buckle under the weight.We might not know until heaven why some of us must go through particularly trying times, maybe just to draw us close to our Life Source, maybe to minister to others later on, maybe so that His Strength is to be made perfect. No matter what, we know all will work out for good to them that love Him....and to this we cling.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this today! Thanks\
Rach