Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I am mad!

Warning: This is a sermon/soapbox post and since no one is obligated to read my blog, I thought I would give you the chance to just surf on out now, if you want to.

My Dad did not win his election yesterday. To be honest, I had a bad feeling, just because so many people are sick of republicans and want a change. Still, it makes me mad that he has worked so hard for 16 years and then the last few months on his campaign and he lost. I just hate it for him. Is it really his fault we are still fighting a war and gas prices are up and health care is crappy?? God can change the heart of kings, so I think we better start praying for Barak Obama because I am afraid he will be our next president. The good old US of A is much more concerned with matters of the pocketbook than matters of morality.

After I got the call last night that he had lost, I didn't sleep very good and I kept waking up when I did sleep. Every time I woke up I would pray for my parents cause I know this is a pretty big blow to them. I woke up this morning and as soon as I opened my eyes the Lord whispered this verse in my ear:
“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”

I know that is true. I don't like change and at time I don't adjust well to roadblocks, but in the bigger picture, God is in control, He sees it all, not just the situation and He wants us to prosper. He says so in the verse in Jeremiah, ....Plans ...and Hopes... and a Future. Now here is where our faith comes in, the verse doesn't say He will give us a calendar and show us the when and how of our prosperity and hopes and future, we just gotta trust HIM with that and take each day as it comes.

When the kids woke up and I told them Gramps lost the election, Nathan was so put out. He likened it to a ballgame and to lose is the worst thing that could happen. Abby, on the other hand began to tell me all the ways it was good. They can come see us more and take more trips, When we visit, Gramps won't have to go to work, he can work on his old car and ride his motorcycle. Maybe he can give flying lessons. I love how her mind works. Find the good and run with it.

For her copy work she had to write a quote by Charles Dickens, : "There is always something for which to be thankful for." I am glad she can look for the good in situations. Maybe we should all live life like we are 10 and try to find the good now matter how mad we feel.

0 comments: