Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My all time favorite Christmas recipe!

It is called Mocha Punch and it is sooo yummy! I only make it at Christmas and New Years cause, I promise...I would drink the whole punch bowl all by myself! I have even had coffee hater's say they like this and my children looooove it! This is a smooth, creamy punch that is like sipping a chocolate shake.

Ingredients
1- 1 1/2 quarts Water
1/2 cup Instant chocolate drink mix
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Instant coffee granules
1/2 Gallon vanilla ice cream
1/2 Gallon chocolate ice cream
1 cup Whipped cream, whipped
Chocolate curls, optional

Preparation
In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add drink mix, sugar and coffee; stir until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. About 30 minutes before serving, pour into a punch bowl. Add ice cream by scoopfuls; stir until partially melted. Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired.
__________________

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love this punch and I do not like coffee. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have been craving some since the first time you made it and you were living in the parsonage across from the church. I may attempt to make it for our next ladies circle Christmas meeting on Monday.