Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A lesson from Manna

I am in the 3rd week of a Beth Moore Bible study on the tabernacle. The Lord has really been speaking to my heart over some of the things He taught the children of Israel while they were in the wilderness and how we can apply them to our lives today

Exodus 16:16-21
This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded, gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man according to the number of your persons, take ye every man for them which are in his tents. And the children of Israel did so and gathered some more, some less. And when they did mete it with an omer , he that had much had nothing left over, he that gathered little had no lack, they gathered every man according to his eating. And Moses said,Let no man leave of it till the morning." Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses, but some of them left of it until morning and it bred worms and stank, and Moses was wroth with them. And they gathered it every morning , every man according to his eating and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

1. The grace of God
God provided just enough for each one of them. Every one in each tent had just enough, not too much, not too little. How often I have looked on the life of someone that has lost a child or a spouse, how their world has been torn upside down by tragedy and thought there is NO WAY I could ever get through something like that. I am right. On my own, I could never get through a tragedy, but if I needed that extra amount of grace, I know beyond any doubt God would provide it. Just enough to get through each day..no more, no less. How do I know this?

The disciples asked this too in John 6:30-35. They ask for a sign as their fathers in the wilderness was given bread to eat and Jesus said in verse 35 " I am the Bread of Life, he that cometh to me shall never hunger and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." In 2 Peter 1:3 we are told "His divine power has given us all things that pertain unto life and godliness through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue."

Just like the manna, every day our bread is there, just what we need. All we have to do is get up and gather it every morning.

0 comments: