Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Countin my blessings

Thankful things:


A successful school year. I cant believe I will have a 7th, 5th and 3rd grader next year! I am so thankful for the opportunity to home school my kids. Sometimes it is HARD, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The time I am able to spend with them and invest in them is worth every difficulty.

A summer break. I am not a huge fan of summer, but I have purposed this year to slow down and enjoy the simple things only summer can bring like lightning bugs, corn on the cob, pool days, ice cream, day trips and late nights.

My church family. I am overwhelmed sometimes at God's grace to us in giving us a church family that loves me and Greg and our children so much. I really like hanging out with them and ministering together! A pastor's family /congregation relationship can be a tricky thing. We have been so blessed by such generous, loving, supportive people that make up our congregation. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Goodwill Baptist!

Our adoption. I am so thankful that God called us to adopt. It is not an easy road! It is expensive and filled with uncertainty and we have a long way still to go! BUT the Lord has opened our eyes and showed us HIS heart for orphans in a way that we didn't even know existed before we began this journey. I am watching now as my children become burdened for orphan care and missions too and I am so thankful.

My family. I love my parents, my sister, my in laws and the older I get the more I appreciate them and want to be with them. I love that our relationship is deepening with age and time.

My friends. Those close by and those far away. With emails and facebook, I am so thankful to be able to stay involved in the daily lives of those I call friend.

My husband. 15 years we have been married this month. Right before we got married, someone told me their favorite thing about marriage was you get to have a sleepover with your best friend every night. I have to agree...thanks for being my best friend and my love. I could not have asked for a better husband and daddy!

Priorities. While I could list many materialistic things I am thankful for, I am so glad that the first things that come to mind are not things, but are gifts from the Father that make my life so much more complete than anything I could buy at the mall.

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises. 2 Tim. 1:3-4a



2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I just loved this post. You are such a sweet woman and yes, very blessed. :) But I bet that your just as much of a blessing yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

All your blessings make me smile too, as I sometimes too feel overwhelmed at God's grace and plan to put you guys here and am so happy to get to play a part in your sweet family's life.
Thanks for ALL the ways you share the love He has shown with you with those around you! I'm so thankful for your friendship.
-Deana