Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moving

I have been hesitant to make this post on my blog until we were able to tell everyone that we needed to tell, but we are moving. Greg was voted in as the pastor at Goodwill Baptist Church in Kernersville, NC in June. We will be moving at the end of August or the beginning of September.

The 4 years we have lived in Florida have been such a learning experience for us. I am thankful that the kids were able to spend some time with Greg's Papa before he went to heaven, I am thankful that Greg was able to work with his dad, I am thankful that our marriage has survived my homesickness and is stronger for it. I am thankful for all the friends we have made, our Florida family and our church family.

Greg has felt that God was calling him back into full time service for a while now and we have prayed that the Lord would lead us to the church that HE wanted us at. A retired pastor from WV called us about Goodwill and thought we would be a good match, and so we prayed about it and went to visit...
It is so awesome when God gives you a peace about somewhere and that is what He did for us with Goodwill. We are excited to begin our ministry there. We are excited to get to know the people we have met in the church.

We are going to live in the parsonage and I am still going to be homeschooling. I will post a few pictures for those who were wanting to know where we will be. Please pray for us as we move and adjust and as the kids adjust. Right now they are very excited and I have a lot of cool activities for school planned this fall, but I would appreciated your prayers for them as we leave Florida.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy and yet so sad. Love you guys!!

Rach :)

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you guys (and a bit envious!) I'll live vicariously through you until Uncle Sam tells us we can move out of Florida!

Can't wait for updates once you're in your new home!!

Anonymous said...

NO ONE can be more excited about this than us!! Can't wait!
LU -- Nana and Gramps